Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Morro Bay


Last week we took a really nice drive down Hwy 1 to Morro Bay and these are a few of the pictures.  I did a sunrise walk and the photo above is of our shadows at sunset.  It was so nice to just get away for a couple of nights and the drive down Hwy 1 from Carmel to Morro Bay is one of the most beautiful drives in the world.  Going down we drove late in the afternoon and coming home we chose early to mid-morning.  Perfect both ways. It's always best not to have the sun in your eyes.  We stopped at one of my favorite eateries, Linn's, in Cambria for dinner on our way down.


This is a Marbled Godwit I met while taking my sunrise photo walk on the beach.  He was working on his breakfast.



The birds were so intent on grabbing these hapless crabs that I didn't seem to bother them in the least.  The last shot for this post is the reflection of Morro Rock in the wet sand.  I was so fortunate to head out that morning. The next morning the coast was socked in with fog!


In bocca al lupo.  m & v

No comments:

Post a Comment