Friday, July 11, 2014

Back to the Library


Bookstores have all but disappeared.  I admit that the idea of a device such as an iPad having the capacity to hold a library full of books was intriguing to me. I envisioned the classic oak, tenon joined, library table in a room surrounded by windows and French doors.  Resting in the center of this venerable old table would be a simple tablet device and that would be the library. But, you know what?  I miss holding a book and reading a printed word off of paper.  Now that there are no bookstores locally, I have rediscovered the library. I've dusted off my card and have been enjoying carrying home a stack of novels that I can disappear into.  I'm also enjoying the fact that in our area here, we still have a couple of the old Carnegie libraries still in service. It's nice to just pull a book off the shelf and sink into a comfortable old chair and read by the light streaming in from some beautiful old windows. A brief escape.



In bocca al lupo.  m (no v)

No comments:

Post a Comment