Thursday, September 18, 2014

Apple Season



It's apple picking time.  I have three apple trees that I planted when I first bought this little Victorian.  Since they are planted in the front garden they are frequently visited by passers-by who have always been welcome to take an apple or two in passing.  My neighbors have also been invited to enjoy an apple when they'd like, or even enough for a pie if they felt like it.  Our next door neighbors, however, took this to an extreme one year and cleaned the trees nearly bare.  That year v and I ended up with only one ripe apple for ourselves.  I had a little chat with the man who we'd observed retreating from our trees, full 5-gallon bucket and muck rake in tow, more than once that season.  Since then all has been well.





















In bocca al lupo.  m (no v)



No comments:

Post a Comment