Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Backroads

We took a drive this afternoon in an attempt to cheer ourselves up.  It worked.  We'd waited all morning for the sun to come out.  We left a pot of beans simmering on the stove and took off for the backroads of Carmel Valley.






At the end of this long drive we were greeted with a clear sky at home and the heavenly scent of those beans as we crossed our threshold. 

I cook the beans the way my grandmother and my father cooked them; with a good, smoked ham hock and an onion added to the pot.  My dear friend Maria-Elena suggested I serve the broth to v for strengthening.  I have done this and, thank you m-e! it works.  

In bocca al lupo.  m & v

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos...such a bouquet of autumn colors. You are amazingly talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement. I just love to share what I see. m

      Delete