Thursday, March 20, 2014

It's the First Day of Spring



Last fall v took several packs of Bachelors' Buttons seeds, mixed them in sand and spread them over the surface of one of our garden boxes.  The boxes are generally reserved for vegetables, but he wanted more flowers this year.


For years v had nurtured this apricot seedling, an offspring from our ancient apricot tree which lost a branch full of ripe apricots one summer afternoon.  Many little seedlings emerged the following year and he collected a couple to raise as replacements. This one has been a success with its first blossoms having just faded. My friend, who's eyesight is better than mine, has spied a few tiny fruits beginning. The parent tree is already full of pistachio sized apricot babies.



This is my grief journal now. 
I am on a precipice and sorrow and despair spread out before me like a bottomless sea.  I can't escape into sleep, I am sleepless...well, nearly.  I have so many good and supportive friends surrounding me. But I am lost, I am confused, I forget.  I have no compass, I have no air...

In bocca al lupo.  m (no v)

No comments:

Post a Comment