Friday, March 21, 2014

Safe Harbor


A good place, right now, is v's shop/studio which I'm arranging for my own use.  Our carpenter friend, Hans, will be here next week to help me inventory all of v's tools.  I will then decide what to do with so many of them.  The tools he felt were most precious will be cleaned, oiled, and stored in the loft.  Right now I find it comforting to sit with my coffee and watch out the window as the birds come to feed.  On a chilly morning I can light a fire in the wood stove, as I did this morning.








The space is a safe harbor and a good place to work.  It is so well lit I can come out in the middle of the night to work if I wished.  Or, like this morning, I can sit comfortably in the old rocker and listen to music or an audiobook.














I can make plans for the garden while I watch the birds, sip my coffee, stoke the fire, listen to a story being read to me, and miss v with all of my heart.

















In bocca al lupo.  m (no v)

No comments:

Post a Comment